Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Folks, I am the future of America! Aren't you glad?

Y'all, I have a story for you. And it does not paint me in a very flattering light.

Let me preface this story by telling you that I am not the most graceful person on the planet; no, I am the exact opposite of "graceful." A dainty delicate flower I am not! I am the girl who is prone to walking into walls and tripping over her own feet. While I am fairly intelligent, if I do say so myself, I also have a tendency to be amazingly stupid at times. So, that being said, here is what happened to me last night:

I was meeting some friends for dinner prior to the New Year's festivities, and before leaving I grabbed my coat and gloves, thinking it would probably be cold outside. However, I did not actually put them on, as that would require common sense and so therefore was not going to happen. Once in the car, I (obviously) buckled the seatbelt and put on my gloves, because gee! It was cold outside! Two blocks down the road, I decide that the gloves are just not doing the trick, so I put on my coat.

Over my seatbelt.

That's right folks, I put on my coat over my seatbelt. I don't know if you've ever attempted this yourself, but it doesn't quite work so well, what with half of the coat up over your shoulder giving you no room to move.

So I did the next logical thing: I tried to take my coat off.

Only to find that, because of the angle of my shoulders and the way the coat was stretched, I couldn't.

I was stuck in my coat. In the car. By myself. (And yes, this was before the drinking began!)

At this point I simply lost it. Picture it: I'm sitting there in my car, at a stoplight (thank goodness!), by myself, laughing my damn fool head off because I'm totally stuck--I can't get my coat on all the way because of the seatbelt, but can't move enough to take it off so I can fix the situation. I think I drove down the road like that for a couple of blocks until I was able to fix it.

Nice!

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: